Jaggery and Pepper drink (Panakam)
How many of you celebrated ‘Ram navami’ ?? Then you must have tasted this medicinal drink at least once in your lifetime. It's good to drink in summer season also.
Let me tell you why you should prefer this drink.
- Jaggery is prepared from sugarcane juice.
- Used as a sweetening agent in many dishes.
- It is rich in minerals potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium, calcium and phosphorus and antioxidants.
- My grandmother always suggests me to eat jaggery with peanuts or dry coconut because iron in jaggery helps to build hemoglobin in blood.
- Black pepper also contains good amount of minerals like potassium, calcium, zinc, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
- Good source of Vitamin- C and Vitamin- A and antioxidants.
- Black pepper – 3 to 4 TSP
- Jaggery- 4 to 5 TSP
- Honey- 1 TSP
- Cardamom powder- 1tsp
PREPARATION TIME- 10 Minutes
I so so love this drink. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
- Place jaggery in water and mix it till dissolved.
- Add pepper powder and cardamom to this.
- Now add honey and stir it well.
- Take 1 teaspoon and taste the drink. You can change the quantity as per your taste and desire.
- Take grated Ginger and lemon juice.
- Try to take juice out of ginger and add this two extra ingredients to your already prepared juice.